Shopify and BigCommerce are both popular e-commerce platforms that offer features specifically designed for B2B sellers. While both platforms offer similar features, there are some key differences between the two platforms that you should consider when deciding which one is right for your business.
Some of the key differences between Shopify and BigCommerce for B2B sellers include:
- Pricing: Shopify and BigCommerce have different pricing models. Shopify has a tiered pricing structure, with different plans available at different price points. BigCommerce has a more flexible pricing model, with a single plan that includes all of its features.
- Product catalog: Both Shopify and BigCommerce allow you to create and manage a product catalog, but BigCommerce offers more advanced features for organizing and managing large product catalogs.
- Customer accounts: Both Shopify and BigCommerce allow your customers to create their own accounts, but BigCommerce offers more advanced features for managing customer accounts and orders.
- Order management: Both platforms offer tools for managing orders, including the ability to create custom order statuses and generate invoices. However, BigCommerce offers more advanced order management features, such as the ability to set up automated email notifications and create custom shipping rules.
- Reporting and analytics: Both Shopify and BigCommerce offer a range of reporting and analytics tools to help you track your store’s performance. However, BigCommerce offers more advanced reporting and analytics capabilities, including creating custom reports and tracking key performance indicators.
Despite Shopify Plus Wholesale Channel’s wide range of basic features, customization of the theme or additional customization beyond the channels’ configurable areas is not possible at the moment. In addition, BigCommerce’s platform has several native B2B features.
Personally, we feel Shopify is best for larger businesses, but BigCommerce is better for very large stores, like wholesalers, that have many variants. An audit of your needs could help ease your decisions, contact us to talk to an expert.